If you say that the companion of coffee is cube sugar;
Then, the companion of the street light is the light pole.
The light pole, an integral part of the street light, people always pay attention to how bright the light bulb of the street light is but ignore the silent pole that supports this light.
Today, I will tell you about the story of the light pole.
First, let’s take a look at what standards should be used for street light poles?
Light pole standard
Light pole height:
Generally speaking, workers need to survey and measure different environments; then select different parameters of the poles according to the brightness of the LED light source.
Application scenario: Most of the scenic spots use solar garden lights, and the height of the lamp pole is relatively low.
Light pole material:
For example, steel structures are generally used on roadsides, which have great requirements on the sturdiness of the lamp poles. However, in the scenic area, only a simple light pole is needed, because collisions and other situations will not occur in the scenic area.
Such standards are part of the industry’s rigid requirements, and part of them are accumulated by enterprises based on their many years of production experience.
Ps: So the requirement when choosing a light pole is to ensure safety.
Light pole type
Light poles can be divided into iron light poles, FRP light poles, cement light poles, and aluminum alloy light poles according to their materials.
Iron light pole
The advantages of iron light pole
The disadvantages of iron light pole
- Easy to corrode and rust;
- The weight is three times that of aluminum, and the transportation and installation costs are high;
- Limited recycling value;
- Do not use plug-in installation;
- The surface treatment method is monotonous.
FRP light pole
The advantages of FRP light pole:
- Light weight and easy installation;
- Plug-in installation is available.
Disadvantages of FRP light poles:
- Short service life;
- No recycling value, very difficult and expensive to dispose of;
- Ultraviolet damage to the rod is very serious;
- Maintenance costs are too high;
- Easy to be damaged by external equipment.
Cement light pole
Advantages of cement light pole:
- Plug-in installation can be used;
- Good strength;
- No need to spray.
Disadvantages of cement light poles:
- Very heavy, which brings expensive transportation costs;
- No recycling value;
- Installation equipment is expensive and difficult to install;
- Dangerous than other materials.
Advantages of aluminum pole:
- Good anti-corrosion performance
- Lightweight, convenient for transportation and installation
- Various surface treatment methods
- Longer life than iron and FRP light poles
- 100% recycling, low melting temperature, energy-saving and emission reduction
- Plug-in installation is available
- Smaller amplitude than glass fiber reinforced plastic lamp pole
Disadvantages of aluminum alloy poles:
Compared to iron poles, the strength of aluminum alloy poles is relatively low, but the strength of aluminum alloy poles can reach the T6 standard through post-heat treatment.
Due to the numerous advantages of aluminum poles and other poles that are incomparable, aluminum alloy poles have been commonly used in developed countries such as Europe and America.
So, after understanding the standard, let’s see how the light pole is made!
Light pole production process
1. Metal plate cutting
In the whole process of cutting, several automatic plasma cutting is adopted, and the incision is fine, and the slit is not more than 1mm, which creates many favorable conditions for the subsequent process.
- Before cutting, first, adjust the slope of the slitter and the required cutting size.
- Determine the position of the steel plate to ensure the maximum size of the remaining material, so that the remaining material can be used.
- The length dimension is guaranteed when decoiling. The wide bottom dimension is required to be ≤ 2mm. The tolerance for the size of the cutting is positive for each section of the light pole; generally: 0-2mm. The small head takes a negative tolerance. After the size is adjusted, it is completed by a strip cutting machine and an automatic cutting machine.
- In terms of equipment: the operation of the rolling shear equipment should be checked when decoiling the material, and debris on the track should be cleared to maintain the equipment in good operating condition.
2. Bend forming
The CNC hydraulic press brake with a length of 12 meters is used, with high control precision, beautiful shape of the lamp pole, roundness of not more than 1mm, smooth appearance, and more than 12 meters in one forming.
The forming part is a more important point, which needs to be operated by a CNC bending machine.
Compared with the traditional bending machine, the CNC bending machine improves the characteristics of the bending machine such as accuracy and speed. It can realize automatic avoidance and direct angle calculation.
Therefore, as far as possible, the CNC bending machine is used to complete the forming step.
Bending is the most critical process in the production of light poles. The quality of the bend directly affects the quality of the light pole and cannot be repaired after bending.
Specific attention is as follows:
- Before bending: First remove the slag of the sheet to ensure that no slag will crush the mold during bending.
- Check the length, width and straightness of the sheet, and the straightness≤1/1000. If the straightness meets the requirements, correct it, especially the polygonal rod must ensure the straightness.
- Increase the bending depth of the bending machine to determine the position of the sheet.
- Mark the sheet correctly, and the error is ≤ ±1mm.
- Correct alignment and correct bendingto minimize the seam of the pipe, while the height of the two sides is not greater than 5mm.